MAGEC™ Remote Control Technology for the Treatment of Spine Deformities
MAGEC (MAGnetic Expansion Control) is an adjustable growing rod that utilizes a remote control to non-invasively lengthen the device. Following a minimally invasive procedure to implant the MAGEC Rod, the device can be lengthened, or retracted, non-invasively by using the MAGEC ERC (External Remote Controller), thereby eliminating the need for additional unnecessary surgeries and increasing quality of life.
Product Benefits :
- Maximizes thoracic spine height without the need for multiple surgeries to lengthen the growing rod
- Non-invasive adjustment via remote control
- Bi-directional axial adjustment to a maximum of 48mm
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Single or dual rod construct - Independent distraction capability on dual rod constructs
MAGEC® SYSTEM - Overview
The MAGEC Spinal Bracing and Distraction System, is comprised of sterile, single use spinal rods and an External Remote Controller (ERC). MAGEC rods are available in multiple sizes and configurations, allowing surgeons the versatility to customize treatment based on a patient’s anatomy. The growing rods are surgically implanted using appropriate commercially available fixation components (i.e. pedicle screws, hooks and/or connectors), and are used to brace the spine during growth to minimize the progression of Early Onset Scoliosis.