Hallux Valgus Brace:
A continuously adjustable spring mechanism creates a corrective force in the direction of the physiological normal position of the big toe. The continuously adjustable permanent tension stimulates the stretching of the shortened tissue. Pain is reduced and a detrimental painful over extension is avoided.
- Conservative treatment of moderate cases of hallux valgus as well as preventive treatment
- Pre-surgical treatment in order to prepare the soft tissue for surgery
- Post-Surgical treatment in order to stabilize the surgery result
- Therapy in physiological position of the big toe
- Pain Reduction
- Individual adjustment of the tension spring without tools
- Individual adjustment of the straps
- Easy handling and high wearing comfort
- Available in four colors
Mode of Operation:
The halluxsan functions according to the CDS - Principal and has been designed to treat hallux valgus (bunion). The Brace applies a dynamic low load prolonged stretch to stimulate growth in the contracted tissue and reduce pain. The adjustable redression range protects the tissue of painful overstretching.
The halluxsan brace should be worn without shoes for several hours while resting or at night. For everyday walking without the brace appropriate footwear should be worn and the use of orthopedic splayfoot insoles is recommended. Consistent application will achieve the correct joint angle and reduction of pain.
The halluxan brace holds the big toe at an angle of 10 - 15 degrees. The brace does not allow flexion of the big toe, since the correction should take place in the position of the surgical fixation. The combination of this position with the adjustable corrective tension allows for pain free treatment (redression)
The adjustment of spring tension may only be carried out after consulting the attending physician.