How does the SPORT EXT Rehabilitator work ?
- Dual elastic tension bands and SWING ASSIST, in conjunction with anterior and posterior air bladders, apply a correct kinematic stretch. There is a posterior-anterior glide of the proximal tibia over the distal femur as the knee joint extends.
- In a long sit or supine position, with the heel propped, it applies an extension moment to the knee join while preserving correct kinematics.
- In walking, it promotes active stretch with every step. As the leg comes from stance to the swing phase, the SWING ASSIST, in conjunction with the posterior and anterior air bladders, push the knee joint into more extension every step. This promotes quadriceps activation.
- Patients with weak quadriceps benefit by having the brace stabilize stance phase and promote knee extensions during the stance phase.
- Medial/lateral air bladders allow for improved control and eliminate brace migration. In conjunction with the anterior/posterior air bladders, the brace provides multi-planer stability.
What does the SPORTS EXT do ?
- Controls posterior subluxation and
- mulitplanar stability after antibiotic spacer
- Facilitates full weight bearing ambulation,
- simultaneously correcting posterior
- subluxation and facilitating quadriceps firing
- Provides pain relief
- Improves knee extension
- Treats knee flexion contracture
- Provides gait retraining with retained effect