JACK - Posterior Cruciate Ligament knee brace
The Jack PCL knee brace is a unique solution for Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) injuries, offering a dynamic anteriorly directed force to hold the leg in a neutral position so preventing any potential for posterior sagging. The force set through the hinge is individually adjustable to the size and weight of the patient’s leg and is appropriate for both conservative and post-operative treatments for PCL injury. The Jack PCL knee brace is also routinely used in cases of multi-ligament trauma, treating conservatively PCL and Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) isolated tears and so minimizing other surgical interventions at a later stage.
- Constant translation force independent of flexion angle
- Individually adjustable spring tension
- Spring tension can be switched on and off without tools and without varying the set spring tension
- Individual adjustment of shells and straps
- Easy handling and high wearing comfort
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) ruptures
- Partial ruptures and elongations of the PCL
Mode of operation
The Jack PCL brace overcomes the gravity of the lower leg to relieve the posterior cruciate ligament. The translation force may be adjusted to the leg and weight of the patient through setting the tension on both sides of the brace.